Thursday, July 16, 2009

Marit Fujiwara: A Rising Star



Click any image for a larger view.


Click any image for a larger view.


Click any image for a larger view.





I DON'T TALK ABOUT FASHION ENOUGH ON THIS BLOG, MAINLY BECAUSE I HAVE NO REAL STYLE of my own when it comes to clothes. That’s just a fact. Clothes for me are something I just do not want to put a lot of thought into. Going to high school in the 60s and art school in the early 70s meant blue jeans and tees were the norm. I guess I never really changed a lot. But that doesn’t mean I do not appreciate and admire beautiful, artful and stylish clothes on both men and women.

So when I spotted these clothes by Marit Fujiwara, a textile design graduate of the Chelsea College of Art and Design, I was impressed. These dresses are like paintings, swirling swaths of color and beautifully balanced. Unlike abstraction by happen chance, these pieces are meticulously crafted in extreme detail, yummy and wonderful.

The only thing I miss is seeing a model wearing one of these works of art.

3 comments:

chiaroscuro said...

I love the first image! What a beautiful dress :-)

Unknown said...

I LOVE these designs! You are so right, a rising star indeed!! Thanks for sharing:)

Anonymous said...

I like the way you think.good.And the collections you have are very beautiful.

peter

------------
Free Satellite TV

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...