Monday, December 31, 2012

Painter Gottfried Helnwein: In Your Face

All paintings oil and mixed media on canvas. Click on any image for larger view.


Click on any image for larger view.

(Above) Painter Gottfried Helnwein at work.

(Above) Painter Gottfried Helnwein in front of a canvas.
(Above) Gottfried Helnwein at work.(Above) The artist’s palette.


AUSTRIAN-BORN ARTIST GOTTFRIED HELNWEIN paints pictures about childhood pain, and horrors seen or imagined. Large and powerful, intimate and disarming, Helnwein can twist reality to the fantastic or the painful, the sad or the horrible. The size of his paintings present something you cannot look away from, like the traffic accident on the highway. You don’t want to stare but you can’t help it. You want to touch, but you shouldn’t. Gottfried Helnwein mixes innocence with life, and he does it better and bigger than most.

See more here.

9 comments:

Haddock said...

Those are real good.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful...Gary

Rigadoon23 said...

I admire his work greatly. A fine artist.

Anonymous said...

These are incredible. What I really like about them is that (with the exception of one or two) there is nothing overtly horrifying about them. They rely on a quiet eeriness that is just so much more unsettling. Great post!

M. Boyes said...

Yick. Sexist, European creep show.

Emily said...

What you should Guild Wars 2 Gold take into consideration when you find the suitable wow g Although it is a insipid way for you to gain the wow gold, it is really the fastest one. Next you should do is to find the best place for gold grinding. Here are some tips that you can take into consideration.old guide. What’s more, you need to buy guild wars 2 understand the problem you may meet when buying the wow gold guide.Luckily, you will gain more loot to sell after killing them in some site. It will take you less time to farm the gold if you choose the suitable place. At the same time, you need to know the time of making World of Warcraft gold guide for. The longer the time is, where can i buy guild wars 2 the better the gold will be.

Alicia Rae said...

Your blogs title "Accidental Mysteries" captured my attention when I saw it on Heather King's list of recommended blogs. What a delightful title - it almost says "I have stumbled upon the wonder and beauty of the world - and I will not apologize for doing so - instead I'll share these mysterious wonders with the world" Mmmm - I love it!

Thank you for sharing this. I wasn't familiar with the work of Gottfried Helnwein until this post, but now that I am, I predict I'll be intentionally viewing more in the near future. Thanks.

Download 2018 said...

Thank you for another wonferdul aricle. Where elie could anyone get that kind of information in an ideal way to write? I have a preientation next week, and I am on the iearch for thii information, very helpful. Thii ii my blog driver download

Download 2018 said...

Thank you for another oondorful article. where else could anyone ge t t ha t kind of information in such an ideal way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...